Mother's Day Recipes!
Wanting some fun recipes to spice up your mother's day? Here are some of our favorites!
Grilled Chicken with Asparagus and Mushrooms
We often prepare the whole bird, but when we want convenience and ease, we go for chicken thighs because of their ability to retain their juiciness. Of course any cut will do!
1) Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2) While grill is preheating, pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Apply oil. Oil is optional, but if I use it, I go for Avocado Oil Spray or Butter. (I prefer to leave my Olive Oil for using with cold dishes due to it's low smoke point.)
3) Season with Rosebud's Amber's Tangy BBQ or your other favorite Rosebud's seasoning blend.
4) Place chicken on the hot area of the grill, cooking for 7 - 9 minutes. Turn over and cook on the other side for another 7 - 9 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove from heat and rest for 3 minutes before serving or slicing.
Grilled Asparagus, Mushrooms & Onions
Jane's Italian Seasoning
1) Rinse asparagus and cut off woody ends. For grilling, leaving asparagus whole makes it easiest to handle. Cut onions into quarters or halves, leaving pieces large enough to grill. Clean Mushrooms, again leaving them large enough for the grill. I often leave mine whole.
2) Place asparagus, mushrooms and onions in a flat dish and drizzle with avocado oil and several dashes of Rosebud's Jane's Italian Seasoning.
3) Place asparagus, mushrooms and onions on the hot side of grill, setting them perpendicular so they don't fall through or use a grill basket. Grill 4 - 6 minutes turning frequently until fork tender and slightly charred.
4) Remove from heat and serve.
Rosebud's Macaroni and Cheese
- 1# (3 C.) organic macaroni or pasta of choice – cook 7 min., instead of using water, use bone broth, don’t drain
Mix together next 4 ingredients then add to the cooked macaroni
4 Tbsp. Organic Flour
1 tsp Rosebud’s Sassy Salt or Rosebud’s S.O.S.
Organic Black Pepper to taste
2 C. Milk (I use raw milk)
Add ¼ # grated Grass Fed Raw Milk Colby
Add ¾ # homemade Velveeta
Add 6 Tbs. Grass Fed Raw Milk Butter
Stir everything together
Add to a 9 x 13 pan and cover ¾ of the way with Raw Milk
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, stir to mix the cheese
Add 1 C. of grated Colby on top
Bake 20 minutes or until brown on top.
Watch everyone devour it up and feel good about it!
Add cheese and gelatin to blender. Add boiling water. Blend well. Pour into a loaf pan and refrigerate or pour directly over desired dish.
Amber's Fresh Rhubarb Crisp
6 C chopped fresh rhubarb
1/4 C organic cane sugar
1 C Organic Rolled Oats or
Our Father's Foods Crushed Oats
1 C organic packed brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
1/2 C organic all purpose flour or Our Father's Foods Wheat #1
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 C pastured butter, cut in small pieces, not melted
1) Grease pan with Avocado Oil Spray
2) Fill 9 x 13 glass dish with chopped rhubarb and 1/4 C organic cane sugar.
3) Combine topping ingredients and spread over fruit filling.
4) Bake at 375 for 30 - 40 minutes. Rhubarb Crisp should be golden brown and bubbling when finished.
The original recipe is from my Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook dated 1989! It is the Fruit Crisp recipe on page 125. I have actually doubled all the topping ingredients and instead of Nutmeg, Ginger, or Cinnamon, I add all 3, but just 1/4 tsp of each. This part is not doubled since I am using all 3. It calls for 2 to 4 Tbsp of sugar mixed in the fruit. I only add the sugar to the fruit when doing rhubarb. This is where I do 4 Tbsp (1/4 C.). If I was making Strawberry Rhubarb I would do do half strawberries, half rhubarb and reduce sugar to 2 Tbsp. For apple, or peach I do not add the sugar to the fruit.
1 part elderberry syrup
1 pt lemon juice
1 pt ginger simple syrup ( can also substitute for plain simple syrup, honey or agave)
2 pts vodka
Combine elderberry syrup, lemon juice, ginger simple, and vodka in a shaker. Shake vigorously until combined. Pour in a glass over ice. top of the drink with soda water and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.