- Ingredients :
- 4 bell (or poblano) peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small diced onion
- 1.5 - 2 tablespoons of Rosebud’s Taco and/or Rosebud’s Chipotle seasoning
- 1 cup of cooked drained black beans
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large seeded freshly chopped tomato
- 1 cup cooked rice (or cauliflower rice)
- 1- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Small handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a baking dish to fit the peppers into upright cut side up. Wash peppers, cut off tops and discard seed and membrane. You can reserve the tops to dice and add to the browning beef. Lightly oil peppers and place them into the baking dish.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet for roughly 4 mins. Add diced onions and Rosebud’s Taco seasoning. Cook for an additional 4-6 mins. Remove from pan and set aside in large bowl.
- In the large bowl stir to combine: beef, 1 cup cooked rice, 1 can crushed tomatoes, ½-1 cup of cheese, and 1 cup black beans
- Carefully fill the peppers with mixture and top with: remaining cheese, cilantro, and fresh diced tomato.
- Place a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and cover. Bake for 30 mins covered and an additional 15 mins. uncovered to brown the top.
This recipe is very versatile. You can add/replace different vegetables and use shredded beef or choose to replace it with chicken/pork.