Grilled Chicken with Asparagus, Mushrooms & Onions
We often prepare the whole bird, but when we want convenience and ease, we go for chicken thighs because of their ability to retain their juiciness. Of course, any cut will do!
1) Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2) While grill is preheating, pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Apply oil. Oil is optional, but if I use it, I go for Avocado Oil Spray or Butter. (I prefer to leave my Olive Oil for using with cold dishes due to it's low smoke point.)
3) Season with Rosebud's Amber's Tangy BBQ or your other favorite Rosebud's seasoning blend.
4) Place chicken on the hot area of the grill, cooking for 7 - 9 minutes. Turn over chicken and cook on the other side for another 7 - 9 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove from heat and rest for 3 minutes before serving or slicing.
Grilled Asparagus, Mushrooms & Onions
Jane's Italian Seasoning
1) Rinse asparagus and cut off woody ends. For grilling, leaving asparagus whole makes it easiest to handle. Cut onions into quarters or halves, leaving pieces large enough to grill. Clean Mushrooms, again leaving them large enough for the grill. I often leave mine whole.
2) Place asparagus, mushrooms and onions in a flat dish and drizzle with avocado oil and several dashes of Rosebud's Jane's Italian Seasoning.
3) Place asparagus, mushrooms and onions on the hot side of grill, setting them perpendicular so they don't fall through or use a grill basket. Grill 4 - 6 minutes turning frequently until fork tender and slightly charred.
4) Remove from heat and serve.